Friday, March 1, 2013

week 2





This week I changed the setting of my photoshoot and moved it to the outdoors. In these pictures the model is trying to sell one her outdoor like outfit. For example I tried to show emphasis on her boots which is one of the important peice of the outfit. Since her boots are the brand Bearpaw I was inspired to give the photos a very natural northwest look. I went out to the hiking trails by the school to get some of these pictures. This week I also played with photoshop and adjusted the contrast and brightness of the phographs to give them a more edgy look. As the weeks go on I plan on taking phictures of various styles of fashion.This week it was faux country and it was very fun, but very muddy.

4 comments:

  1. I think the lighting is the most interesting in the bottom image, even though the boots are cut off. I am wondering if you could go a little deeper with your subject matter? Could you critique the fashion industry. Or if you are going to do fashion shoots, can you create a little more drama in the settings and clothing. I would google Vogue photography or any other high end fashion magazine and see how they make there images stand out. I think you used an excellent color choice for your subject matter this week by using low saturation colors to emphasize the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion is a great idea for you. I feel like you would of done somthing more with lipstick since that seems to be something you really enjoy. Keep up the good work though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo with the cat is just perfect! You can really feel a connection between the subjects, while sill keeping in mind the fashion theme going on. These photos are very strong on their own and were taken with precise skill. Amazing Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are trying to tell a story. I also like how you take important aspects of the subjects life, like cats, and use them to ehnace the story.

    ReplyDelete