Friday, February 22, 2013

Week One





I took these photos to show and in a way sell the scarf, makeup, and jewlery. In these photos I was trying to play with the lighting to put emphasis on the model and the scarf. I tried to chose and use different lighting that would change the color of the scarf. The style I want to show here is a middle east look. I started with something simple like a scarf, but soon I will start taking more chalenging photos at different angles and with whole outfits.

2 comments:

  1. I think your topic is a good match for you. You need to edit your writing a bit. You don't need the first sentence in your concentration statement. Please also remove the "first of all." Check your grammar in your written reflection under your images as well. Your photos show experimentation. My favorite is the last image. There is strong contrast in that image and the make up, color, lighting and facial expression all work well together to create a mood. I am curious why you chose middle eastern culture. Are you going to explore a variety of cultures? One idea that might be interesting to try later in your series is layering patterned textiles into your portraits like we did in the self portraits. You could show how different textures, patterns, fabrics and materials create different moods. Looking forward to your next group of images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting is great in your photos! Fashion fits you perfectly, I'm glad that you chose it as your theme.I also think that you do really well with point of view; I can't wait to see your finished concentration.

    ReplyDelete